Conflicting information about the need for a deep dental teeth cleaning. My dentist says I don't need it & all info on the net says I need it?

Jo!

I went to the dentist on the 21st June. A few of my gums were swolen but nothing major. My dentist cleaned my teeth & said I have an early periodontal disease. My gums were pink, looking good after the clean. Suddenly after 11 day of having my teeth cleaned my gums got inflamed, red & shiny. I went to the hygienist on the 21st July to have another clean & while it helped with reducing the swelling, my gums were still red & inflamed. On the 1st August I went back to my dentist & he said that i don't need a deep clean as there was no plaque/tartar below the gumline (he said he could see that on the x-rays). It has been a whole month now & my gums are red, inflamed & shiny. All info online says one with any stage of periodontal disease should get a deep dental cleaning, while my dentist says no deep clean is necessary as he can see no tartar build up on tooth roots on the x-ray. What do i do with this conflicting information?

Attachments

• 2 - prior to going to my 1st dentist appointent.jpg
    2 - prior to going to my 1st dentist appointent.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 3 - after the 1st dentist appointment & 1st teeth clean.jpg
    3 - after the 1st dentist appointment & 1st teeth clean.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 4 -11 days after the 1st teeth clean - visible inflamation & redness.jpg
    4 -11 days after the 1st teeth clean - visible inflamation & redness.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 5 - after my second teeth clean at the hygienist, 1 months after seeing the dentist.jpg
    5 - after my second teeth clean at the hygienist, 1 months after seeing the dentist.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 8 - present day, after 2nd dentist appontment, gums still red and inflamed.jpg
    8 - present day, after 2nd dentist appontment, gums still red and inflamed.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 9

Ask a Question