What is reasonable charge for deep cleaning.

I have mostly 2-4s with a scattering of 5-7s on my perio readings. Right side took about an hour and 10 minutes and left side about 50 minutes. Hygienist said main problems were on the sides [where it is hard for me to floss] Bill is $640 for each side or over $600 per hour. Dental hygienist did all of the work and Dentist had zero input to actual work. Seems excessive to me. No complications and no follow up scheduled other than dental exam 4 months into the future.

If this was super skilled work, I wouldn't mind paying $600 per hour, but it doesn't appear to be so. Would like insight as to whether reasonable or not. Dentist relying on National Dental Advisory Service, which is simply a private service that apparently collects what is sent in but doesn't check the validity of submissions.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
In the Pacific NW, we charge $250 for a quadrant or $500 for both Upper & Lower side. If you can provide x-rays, we can see if you're being over-treated.

Vote:

Ask a Question