Chewing Pain

Both my upper second premolars have been missing since birth.

I was wearing Invisalign to keep the gaps open for future implants, as well as rubber bands connecting my upper first molars to my lower canines to correct an underbite, but the retainers haven't been fitting snugly.

Recently, I've been having chewing pain in my upper jaw on the right side, and when I checked in the mirror, I noticed that my first molar was leaning inward toward my first premolar, resulting in a mild slant that decreased the gap size. I stopped wearing my rubber bands because I worried that they were the cause for the lean (since they were pulling on the tooth, but the tooth wasn't well connected with the rest of my teeth since the Invisalign didn't fit well). I was wondering if this was the reason for my chewing pain and whether it's a cause of concern. (Personally I'm thinking chewing is putting pressure on the teeth to lean even more and potentially unsocket)

I haven't been able to visit my dentist or orthodontist because I've been dealing with anxiety and auditory hallucinations.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Solutions
You will need to go to the orthodontist, trying to fix it yourself isn't an option because your bite sounds complex. Are you in your teens?

Auditory hallucinations must be very frightening. You should be on medication. Have you seen a doctor about this?

Vote:

Ask a Question