Can I get wisdom teeth extracted by a laser drill? Have tinnitus and sound sensitivity.

Hello, I have some wisdom teeth which are causing pain and soreness, and I also suffer from tinnitus which I got from a loud microsuction earwax removal. I have heard laser drills are quieter than traditional drills and have been contacting a few dental surgeons near me to ask if they could use one but no luck so far. Wearing earmuffs with a regular drill would also not be an option due to the occlusion effect which wouldn’t be a worry with a laser drill. I’d like to do absolutely everything to not risk worsening my tinnitus as it is utterly life ruining and frightening for me, thanks for any info.

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Laser drills are fantasy land for extractions, sorry.
I'd suggest you seek out a dentist or oral surgeon who can offer you sedation or general anaesthetic.

Vote:
Laser drills are fantasy land for extractions, sorry.
I'd suggest you seek out a dentist or oral surgeon who can offer you sedation or general anaesthetic.
Unfortunately sedation wouldn’t help with the risk of it worsening my tinnitus as it isn’t a conscious thing or related to my anxiety from the noise, it’s a physical thing and the sound will still reach my ear whether or not I’m sedated

Vote:

Ask a Question