has anyone had wisdom teeth extracted and shortly after needed root canal?

I had 2 wisdom teeth that were impacted and one had cyst extracted over 2 months ago. Then i went in to dentist and had what was suppose to be 2 small fillings is now turning into terrible pain and sensitivity and pressure in those composite fillings for a month now. It stinks because now I may need root canals in both those teeth. These teeth are right next too the wisdom teeth that were extracted. I am wondering if anyone out there has gone through this? I am concerned that this is too much. I wanted my body to heal more but I cant stand hurting everyday and taking ibuprofen everyday. My teeth didnt even hurt before I had these fillings. ugh!

Wisdom teeth extractions wouldn't cause teeth to become infected and need root canals. If your teeth are hurting that badly your fillings cannot be small. The deeper the filling the closer it is to the nerve chamber and that's what causes pain and sensitivity. The other possibility is that you're hitting the fillings too hard. If your bite is off you would also experience tooth pain. This is the easiest thing to check and adjust first. Either way the wisdom teeth extractions would not be the culprit.

Vote:
Thank you for responding. I know wisdom teeth are not the culprit. I went back to oral surgeon to check it out. I was told they were small fillings initially. However the one filling on lower 2nd molar the decay was close to nerve. On the upper 2nd molar it was small but then the dentist saw another cavity on same tooth opposite side of it that she did not see on xray. Seemed like she drilled an awlful lot. I cant imagine how that did not show up on xray, yet she drill quit a bit. Then she said to me, you want composite filling, right? I said yes , why? She said because algam is easier for me because of where it is located. Never had a dentist reply like that. She did put the composite filling in there . When I got home I was in excruiating pain from that filling. Never had a dentist make me hurt like that from a filling. I called and the dentist said she thought it was the bands she put around the tooth making me hurt. When she used the band it pinched my lip and I put my hand up so she knew what was going on and fixed my lip. Now I am wondering what that band did to my tooth since I have had constant pressure in both teeth since the fillings. I only mentioned the wisdom teeth to let you know what I been through, trying to sort this all out. The oral surgeon did some tapping on my teeth and the upper one was more sensitive than the lower one. He also adjusted bite for the 2nd time.If it isn't better soon I will go to endodontist. I mentioned these were small fillings because that is what the dentist told me initially. Then she said the lower one was deeper than she realized. I have no clue what happened with the upper one. That was not suppose to be close to nerve and was suppose to be small but that one has hurt as much as the lower one. I think something happened while she was working on that tooth. Going through wisdom teeth surgery is enough recently and now to deal with root canals.

Vote:
Try repairing the damage before your get them done. Vitamin D3, cod liver oil, and natural butter (local farmers) would do wonders for your teeth. You don't want to over-load your body with so many things happening at once. Allow it time to heal. For pain, do some oil pulling with coconut or olive oil. This also cleans everything quite well. Do a few peroxide soaks as well. Hold the peroxide in your mouth over the teeth for 5 to 10 minutes.

Vote:

Ask a Question