Black teeth stains

I have a problem with "microstains" for a couple of years now with my teeth. Every 2 months or so I have to clean the teeth at the dentist with the "ultrasound" thing (I'm not sure how exactly it is called, dentist puts it to maximum intensity and the tiny needle cleans these stains with a high-pitched sound, it usually isn't painful at all).

I'm 18 years old, I don't drink alcohol and I don't smoke at all. I don't take any pills or vitamins. Occasionally I get a coffee (every 3 days or so), but I brush my teeth regularly, at least once a day.

So, these stains "build up" over time, at first they're just tiny dots and they're not even noticeable (check the leftmost upper tooth), but then they get really ugly and I don't feel comfortable smiling. My lower teeth get these stains more quickly than my upper teeth.

So, no matter how much I brush my teeth, these stains build up over time.

1. Is it healthy for the teeth to get the ultrasound cleaning every month or so?
2. What could the possible causes for these stains be?

PS. Disregard my irregular bite, I'm aware of it :D

EDIT: I forgot to mention, my gums sometimes bleed during brushing.

Attachments

• IMG200.jpg
    IMG200.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:
In our area we have associated water with natural high iron content as possible cause. Often I have also observed that these patients have very small pits in their facial enamel where the iron precipitate can lodge. Try drinking only bottled filtered water for a while and observe if you are eating foods prepared in cast iron cookware.

Vote:

Ask a Question