Teeth turning black, does that mean they are dead?

I've had extensive dental issues for years. All have huge holes and decay. Only my two top front, and two bottom front are the only ones left undamaged.

I smoke, but started using Snus smokeless tobacco about a month ago. The pouches are pasteurized, and have never broken in my mouth.

I'm wondering if the teeth are black from the dip, or from damage. I've been monitoring them, and they started turning the root black, and slowly turned the teeth black. Like, black started in the cavities, but spread to the whole tooth. I'm trying to explain best as I can.

I've got nerve issues so I have no feeling in my mouth or teeth.

It seems that your teeth is dead. Reason behind this is clearly smoking. Go to your dentist as soon as possible and common treatment for this is root canal treatment. Dead teeth will not come back to life. After cleaning the effected area crowning will be done. It will help you a lot.

Vote:

Ask a Question