What are these little black teeth?

Can any one tell me what this is, if I need to get it removed, I've had these for a few years now they have caused no pain or anything but they are just there

Attachments

• IMG_1916.JPG
    IMG_1916.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_1923.JPG
    IMG_1923.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 348

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Leftover scraps of baby teeth roots. Get them out - they're easy to remove, just sitting in the gum a bit. Otherwise they cause gum irritation, and collect plaque against the real teeth. Or get drunk and try with a pair of needle-nose pliers!

Vote:
The cause of little black tooth is poor oral hygiene. If your oral hygiene routine is not thorough enough to remove the acid-excreting bacteria each day, the acid will slowly eat away at your tooth. As the tooth gets eaten away, tooth decay sets in. Tooth decay naturally looks black and can give the appearance of a black tooth. This gives the look of rotten teeth and is a classic result of not looking after your teeth for a considerable period of time. It can be treated by "root canal treatment."

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The cause of little black tooth is poor oral hygiene. If your oral hygiene routine is not thorough enough to remove the acid-excreting bacteria each day, the acid will slowly eat away at your tooth. As the tooth gets eaten away, tooth decay sets in. Tooth decay naturally looks black and can give the appearance of a black tooth. This gives the look of rotten teeth and is a classic result of not looking after your teeth for a considerable period of time. It can be treated by "root canal treatment."
Is this a bot?

Vote:

Ask a Question