5 days later gum still hurts

Hi all, I've had both k9 teeth extracted from my mouth, one of them has healed perfectly, 2 weeks later I got the other one out, the gum behind where the tooth is hurts like hell and is very swollen, I've been thinking maybe it was where the needle was inserted, also hurts when I put pressure on it with my tongue, is this normal? It affects my ability to eat solid foods, and subsides a little when taking ibrifrofen pain killers, it hurts more than a toothache, anyone know how long this should take to heal up? Thanks

I think it's normal for the gum area of an extraction site to be sore or tender for a couple of weeks after the procedure. Just keep in mind that the extraction site is an open wound so it will somehow be affected when you eat even if you are not eating directly on that area. You may try this homemade after care, rinse your mouth with warm salt water, it can help cleanse the area and speed up the healing of the gum tissue.

Vote:

Ask a Question