Tingling throbbing face 3 days after wisdom tooth extraction

I had my impacted wisdom teeth removed Thursday morning, starting later this evening I noticed a tingly-throbbing pain radiating from my chin up to my ear and eye and as the nights progressed it's become constant. It's not excruciating but it's defintely noticeable. When I went to the bathroom to rinse my mouth, I checked to make sure the blood clots were still there and the side that is really throbbing definitely looks still in place and on the other it seems to be not not sure since it's a litte further back. I'm not having any sensitivity to cold air or water and the sockets themselves aren't hurting more than usual. Is this normal or could it be the start of dry socket even though blood clots are still in place or something else?

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Too early to say. A dry socket will just HIT you about 3-4 days post-op, and you've have pain that isn't relieved by painkillers. Just rest and take it easy for now.

Vote:
Thank you! I have to leave to go on a 9 hour flight this coming wekend and have been so paranoid that something will go wrong in the healing process to make it a rough one or delay it somehow. Thanks again.

Vote:

Ask a Question