28, not happy with lower implants

Hi,

I've been struggling to stay positive and keep my confidence up since losing my lower two teeth. My teeth overall had a lot of work one and I've been thinking about getting veneers but im really am comfortable with everything but the lowers. A previous dentist didn't do a root canal correct which ended up to loss of bone in my Lower jaw area. I had surgery about a year ago and ever since I've been really upset about this situation. It's extremely hard to have conversations with people because I'm always thinking they're staring at my lower teeth, (sometimes they definitely do). And it throws me off..

The issue is that because of the severe bone loss in jaw, the gums receded. The dental implants that I have look unnatural because of that, they had to make it look like teeth as well as the gum area.

I wanted to post here to gain some more information and advice on what other options I can do as far as fixing this issue? It's been really hard on me and I literally haven't done a day without thinking about how my teeth look and it's depressing me. To get a better I've attached a picture.

Please give any advice or help you can offer - it's really been torture for me for the last two years. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 394

Zuri Barniv

Verified Dentist
There is pink porcelain there so that is not the issue. It's impossible to answer this without a lot more info, but the times we typically see this is when the jaw did not have enough bone there to begin with which causes the implant to be placed in a non-ideal location (eg too low in the jaw). Usually a bone graft helps a lot to prevent this problem.
Dr. Barniv

Vote:

Ask a Question