20 years of itchy gums

Hello,

I have great oral hygiene and I have had the same dental hygienist for 20 years! She has been with two dental offices and I have managed to puzzle all of the doctors.

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled at the same time 20 years ago. After I healed, I have experienced severe gum itching around 1 bottom tooth (between 29/30). I am constantly sticking toothpicks, floss, or my tongue in-between my teeth to scratch my gums.

The only answer I have been given is that maybe a nerve was damaged during wisdom extraction. Please, can anyone explain why this is happening but more importantly how to make it stop! I had a gun graft done this year and I hate that I’m already damaging the work done by constantly scratching my gums all day!

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I would suggest you ask your dentist or medical practitioner for a referral to a pain clinic. Your symptoms do not correlate to the extractions.

Vote:

Ask a Question