What happens when a filling is too low?

I recently had several fillings done. however, I am thinking of a back molar (back left) the filling is slightly too low. Suddenly I am feeling like my front right upper tooth and one of the front bottom right teeth are hitting and it hurts but NO work was done around there. I also feel a little edge where the filling is not flush with my tooth on the back left the tooth is higher its slight but I can feel it with my fingernail. definitely is not high on the back two molars there had fillings.

a week prior to the back molar fillings the same dentist replaced two fillings in my upper molars one on each side of my jaw. that had caused bite issues as well, I had one adjustment the next day it felt high and the following adjustment the day he did the lower molars. he had to adjust my right premolar to stop them from hitting a new spot.

It's been now nearly 2 solid weeks since my bite is wrong (and seems to change to some extent) and I am not sure what it should feel like anymore but I know it didn't hurt anywhere at all before. I did say I was concerned about doing more work before my bit was good. and now so many things have changed I'm just confused. I also now have a mild dull ache on my upper right molars one of them had a filling replaced 2 weeks ago but I had no dull ache that I am aware of until this week after he did the lower left back molars. (Perhaps the area he adjusted was caused more discomfort I didn't notice the ache but I think I would have)

So my un-education theory is that the lower left molar filling or fillings are slightly too low causing extra pressure on my right upper jaw as well the front right teeth. It is extremely hard to find any information on a bite being off because of a low filling... Is this a thing? What does this sound like?

The fillings are composite, if the filling is low can it be added too? what should happen if it's low?

I am supposed to go in on Monday morning. If he wants to adjust the high teeth that had no work to them and just smooth the edge of the back tooth is that something that is ok? I am worried that at this rate every tooth is going to be slightly ground down to make my bite good. I had braces as a kid and prior to this work, I had no complaints of pain or toothaches. I don't wanna cause more harm.

20221213_162447~2.jpg
20221213_162528~2.jpg
20221213_162303~3.jpg

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You wouldn't notice it if a standard filling as you show was too low. A high filling is immediately noticeable because the tooth will take more force than expected, but is easily adjusted and will provide immediate relief. There is likely to be some mild discomfort for up to 2 weeks after a fresh filling. Composite fillings are much more technique-sensitive and likely to cause post-op sensitivity than amalgams, and continued sensitivity after a composite may require redoing the filling, or replacing with an amalgam. I've seen many patients where they have had multiple useless "adjustments" after composites rather than having it redone.

Vote:
It must be a high spot but they did so much work it got very confusing, it almost feels like a marble in that tooth and is creating soreness as my teeth just don't fit right and slide weirdly or something there's just too much tension I guess. like a tiny marble is in that tooth somehow I already had adjustments and it's still there I am not sure how he can't find the high spot or the cusp ridge that is running wrong. he cleaned up some margins he said and to try that but it's still not right. it the second molar on the right top.

Vote:

Ask a Question