Toothpaste

I have some bonded teeth at the front and I am really trying to take good care of them ..I am using Venneir toothpaste atm ..Are there any particular brands people recommend? That makes teeth shine.. I know they have to be low abrasive ...I was looking at rembrandt intense whitening which is recommended but then I read you shouldn't use whitening toothpaste ??? Feeling confused with conflicting information

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If you brush and floss regularly, then a simple fluoride toothpaste is all you need. I just use Colgate Cavity Protecion - the cheapest of the Colgate brand at about $2.25 per 100g. Stick with a major brand and don't buy odd ones from the internet.
Some expensive whitenening toothpastes like Colgate Optic White Expert Express Teeth Whitening at $12 per 100g (!) may whiten teeth a bit but offer no better protection.
And if you have composite veneers, whitening is not for you because the bonding won't whiten but unbonded natural teeth (lower front teeth?) might whiten. This could create a difference in appearance between bonded and unbonded teeth.

Vote:

Ask a Question