Tooth Pain - Nothing Obvious on X-RAY

Hi all, I’ve been having on-going tooth pain in my upper left teeth, between UL4 and UL7 (6 is missing).

The pain is sharp and sudden, and happens randomly throughout the day.
I’ve been to the dentist countless times and they can’t find anything obvious, so have referred me to the orthodontist for a full X-ray.

The last dentist I saw said the gum above UL4 looks a darker shade and I may need a root canal if it continues.

However, the pain I’m feeling the majority of the time is coming from UL7.

I have a phobia of the dentist in general so this is doing nothing for my anxiety, please help 😢

IMG_0756.jpeg

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Due to the fact that you have a missing molar, your remaining 2nd molar has tilted to try and close the gap. This might have influenced your occlusion or the way you "bite" on your teeth. Unnecessary pressure could lead to this type of pain. I would suggest also maybe checking the occlusion on this molar and filing down any high spots.

Vote:
The full X-ray your orthodontist has ordered is likely to be very helpful in identifying the source of your pain. Different teeth can sometimes refer pain to other areas, so UL7 might not be the culprit even if you feel the pain there most. Having a clear picture of all the teeth in the upper left quadrant will be crucial for accurate diagnosis.

Vote:

Ask a Question