3 months constant pain and headache after wisdom tooth exctraction, so tired

After exctraction of two upper wisdom-teeth 3 months ago im having constant headache and pain somewhere in nearby teeth in both sides, but more often on one. Can't localize exact place. It feels like something is inflammed inside. Pain there comes almost always with headache. Since last weeks my forehead getting warm and body temperature is 37° in the evenings.

The sockets itself looks good and healed. The gum looks fine also, not red, no places hurt if press. Only bothering thing is a small (1mm) sharp bone spur/spicule on the side of the socket, but it does not hurt itself.

I already visited my doctor and did target X-ray of 7-8 molars, and he said everything is fine and need to wait more time.

But it is not fine, im so tired already of constant pain and nowhere in internet i can find anyone with similar problem. Should i insist on making CT? What can be the reason of pain, can it be bone spur or some kind of teeth shift maybe after freed space?

Cold water helps a bit.

1 tablet of 400mg Ibuprofen helps for 1+ day. But im usually taking only one per week.

I think i found the source: it is probably TMJ disorder, all symptoms are similar. Also having a weird popping sound on one side of jaw when chewing.

Vote:
Constant pain and headache after wisdom tooth extraction can be caused by several factors:
  • Strain in facial muscles: Mouth and jaw muscles tighten up during a tooth extraction, which affects the face as well as head muscles, causing headaches. The strain starts from the gums and goes all the way up to your head. It’s also possible to feel jaw pain too. You are more likely to experience jaw pain and headaches if you have dental or tooth extraction fear.
  • Improper bite: When wisdom teeth grow into a mouth that doesn’t have enough room for them, it can cause other teeth to shift, resulting in an improper bite. An improper bite can cause your lower jaw to compensate, and this may cause pain and soreness, including headaches.
  • Postoperative headaches: Oral surgery can leave you with a stiff jaw, which can lead to tension headaches. The surgery itself may also lead to postoperative headaches, including migraines, caused by anesthesia, stress and anxiety, pain, sleep deprivation, blood.
  • Dental problems: Dental decay or oral surgery to remove impacted wisdom teeth can also cause postoperative headaches.
  • Infection: You can experience pain or headaches after teeth removal due to an underlying infection, dry socket, decaying bone, or sinus damage.
  • Fractures or tears: Depending on the amount of physical force required to remove the tooth, you may end up with small fractures or tears around the extraction site, which can cause headaches.
It is important to contact your dentist or oral surgeon if you experience constant pain and headache after wisdom tooth extraction for three months. They can provide you with specific instructions and advice based on your individual case. In the meantime, applying a hot or cold compress to your head, taking pain relievers, and avoiding hard or crunchy foods may help alleviate the pain.

Vote:

Ask a Question