Temporary Dental Implant/Bridge

Hi! I just had to get both of my front teeth extracted because my crowns that my old dentist gave me were too high and they were hurting me! My new dentist saw I was in pain and agreed that they needed to come out! My question is I’m 4 days post surgery and my dentist and the assistants all said that having pain after surgery is normal, but what about if it’s a throbbing sensation that comes and goes but it’s not excruciating? Is that normal?

A throbbing sensation post-surgery is pretty normal as your gums heal. It's likely part of the recovery process. However, if the pain becomes severe or persistent, it's best to check with your dentist. Follow their post-op care instructions, take prescribed meds, and keep an eye on any changes. Everyone's healing journey is different, so don't hesitate to reach out to your dentist for personalized advice. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Vote:
Yeah, the throbbing sensation is normal. Ensure that you're following the post-operative care instructions provided by your dentist. This may include recommendations for pain management, oral hygiene, and dietary restrictions. Applying a cold compress within short interval of time can be effective.

Vote:

Ask a Question