Teeth grinding and mouth guard

I have a mouth guard made from my dentist office for Bruxism. I hate wearing it not because it's uncomfortable exactly because it was formed to fit my teeth. However it suctions to me teeth and I'm worried it will make my teeth become soft or loose or decay. The part that sits in the roof of my mouth was ground back by my dentist because that part annoys me and I have to take it out within an hour or so but that part still bothers me. I've read that the mouth guard can cause tooth decay and that's a real fear for me. Is there a way to prevent this? Also, I think it would be so much easier for me to wear if the mouth guard was a two or three cap type that pops on over my top or bottom back teeth. Is there such a thing in existence that the dentist can also custom make? I believe that piece that sits in the roof of my mouth is just too annoying. I have to make a dental appt because I haven't been wearing my guard because of all the references I've made above so now I have ground my filling out of one of my bottom teeth. Any factual help would be greatly appreciated.

The problem of Bruxism is, first of all, problems with your nerves or circulation of the blood. So, you are to visit a doctor neurologist, to be prescribed medicine for improving the blood supply to the brain and some sedatives. After a course of these medicines, you have to feel the relief of the symptoms of Bruxism.

Vote:

Ask a Question