Teeth darkened after using desentitising gel

Solutions
Hello. A few years ago I decided to whiten my teeth. I did it with the Beyond lamp. The effect was astonishing - my teeth were as white as those of a movie star. A few months later (and they were pearly white all this time) I decided to whiten them further (I was too greedy), but the dentist, without informing me, put a desentitising gel instead of the whitening one. My teeth turned dark again in an instant. Since then, I've tried to brighten them 3 times, but nothing worked. I tried Beyond again, the Philips + mouth trays at home. It looks as if the desentitising gel went deep into my teeth and is now preventing them from being whitened.
I have to add that when I was using gel + trays at home, there was a tiny improvement, but when, after a few days, I put a desentitising gel for 10 mins, that improvement was gone again. I worry that I will never be able to brigthen my teeth again. Is there anything I can do?

Ask a Question