Teeth-damaged teeth

My front bottom teeth dig into the backs of my upper front teeth and I'm wondering if that damage can be repaired by drilling and filling.

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It usually only becomes a problem in a couple of circumstances:
  1. If your lower teeth dig into the gums and start pushing them off the upper teeth - you'd need to see an orthodontist.
  2. If your lower teeth are chipping badly, or your upper teeth are wearing excessively. This is usually due to lack of back teeth nad/or too many acidic drinks. It is sometimes reparable, but you'd have to see a dentist or even a prosthodontist.

Vote:
As I said, the tops of the bottom teeth dig into the backs of the upper teeth. Apparently the cause is Bruxism, but I use a night guard now and I don't grind my teeth when awake.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Then the nightguard will have to do. If you can afford it, get a cutom-made by a dentist or dental prosthetist; don't get DIY form a store or internet.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Without the benefit of seeing you, in my experience it means that if you build up the back of the teeth, then that will open your "bite" and you will either have to open up all your bite (i.e. build up all teeth), or hope that the back molars overerupt to compensate.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Useful for sensitivity, probably good for early decay. It cannot rebuild tooth structure that is not there.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Silver Diamine can darken your teeth. Another option is to lightly adjust your lower teeth so they won't bite heavily against your top teeth.

Vote:

Ask a Question