Sharp shooting pain left side

Just tonight I have noticed this sharp shooting pain in the left side came on suddenly unsure if it’s the teeth or jaw! I did have these sweets that were very chewy. The pain is horrible, I’d say it gets worse when opening the mouth but seems to be coming on suddenly then going away then coming back.
Earlier it felt like my gum was stinging a little at the bottom of the teeth, but that sounds silly. My tooth teeth have been bleeding when brushing lately and I brush daily with Fluoride
Concerned with this sharp dullish pain ans it feels like its affecting left side of face? What could it be, should it disappear as never had this before!

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It's hard to diagnose everything through this forum but I suspect you may be grinding and clenching. The least expensive option is to go to the store and pick up a dental night guard for $20 to $30. If that is resolving your pain but feels awkward to use, you may need to consider a custom bite guard which can run $400 or more. You also may be brushing too hard causing irreversible gum recession and damage to the teeth. Make sure you are using a soft bristled tooth brush and you're not scrubbing and flattening the bristles. The bristles should look straight and new when you throw it out after 3 to 4 months.

Vote:

Ask a Question