On off sharp pain in back molar.

Hi

I have a sharp pain on one of my back molars that like a stabbing pain and it occurs on and off and sometimes all the time. Sometimes it spreads to other teeth. I used to use Listerine every night after brushing but I’ve recently stopped as I’ve heard it can strip enamel. Work colleuges have told me it’s gum disease so I use corsodil once a day to see if it helps. I use oral b pro sensitive gental whitening/enamel repair and the pain still thier. What could it be????

Solutions
You might have a crack in it or it could be a bite issue or it might just be nerve pain totally unrelated to the tooth. Impossible to tell. You really need a dentist to diagnose it. Have your wisdom teeth come through? Sometimes they can cause a sharp pain when erupting. Is the tooth filled?

I've never seen the point of mouthwashes. It just doesn't seem that healthy swishing lots of chemicals around your mouth on a daily basis. It's not a cure for gum disease. If you have gum disease your gums will normally bleed easily or they might look inflamed. A dental hygienist can easily tell you if you need to worry about that. Regular cleans by a professional and a healthy lifestyle are the best treatment (no smoking, fresh foods, exercise, etc).

Vote:
Thanks for your reply. I haven’t been to the dentist in years. I’m a fully recovered alcoholic that’s only just started brushing my teeth twice a day and getting my diet on track so high chance of anything really, more likely needs a filling. I booked an appointment to register at a dentist on the 6th Feb and they gonna see if anything needs doing. Only trouble is I hate going to the dentist it makes me feel sick being in the waiting room. Just gotta stop using mouthwash anybody that knows anything about the dental industry has said they all do more damage than good.

Vote:

Ask a Question