Sharp teeth

Solutions
I had the all on four fitted and they are causing my tongue a lot of pain. My tongue has adapted to the all on four. My pain is being caused by how sharp the implant teeth are.

Before I got the all on four fitted I had 3 different sets of dentures. On all 3 sets of dentures, the teeth were very smooth and had no sharp edges. Of course, the dentures were made from acrylic.

I got the all on four fitted and they are also made of acrylic like my dentures. lots of the teeth all on four implant teeth have very sharp edges. To my tongue, they feel like razor blades. My tongue is in constant pain because of how sharp the teeth are.

When I went back to the dentist she ran her fingers over the teeth and said they don't feel sharp. If I run my fingers over them they don't feel sharp. As I have said if I run my tongue over them it is totally different. I am becoming addicted to pain medication because of how sharp the teeth are.

I think whoever made my all on four implants at the laboratory did a terrible job at polishing them and taking the sharp edges away.

I want my dental clinic to send the implants back to the laboratory and to tell them to polish the teeth properly.

Before I do that I need to ask a question.

(Bearing in mind none of my 3 sets of acrylic denture teeth had any sharp edges) . Should my implant teeth be smooth and have not sharp edges? or is it normal for the implant teeth to feel like razor blades?

Solutions
If it is normal for the implant teeth to feel like razor blades I am going to ask the clinic to totally remove the all on four.

I can't spend the rest of my life with my tongue in constant pain because my teeth are too sharp.

I also cannot spend the rest of my life taking lots of painkiller medication every day.

Of an evening when I am not at work I put chewing gum on the sharp teeth to stop them from hurting my tongue.

Surely this is not normal?

Vote:

Ask a Question