Scared - gum cancer?

I have had bleeding with brushing and flossing on all teeth and pain on my gum near my tooth for a long time (pretty much off and on since I had my child 3 years ago.

It has gotten worse so I took a photo and it doesn’t look good.

I am not good with dentists but I am concerned it may be cancerous. Can anyone let me know if issues that may look like this but are not cancer? I’m only in my mid 30s and don’t smoke or drink...

Attachments

• F62176D5-E2AE-4D4B-96A5-425389B96834.jpeg
    F62176D5-E2AE-4D4B-96A5-425389B96834.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 248
Solutions
You probably have gum disease. You need to see a hygienist and then a periodontist and probably need regular perio appointments every few months to maintain your gum health. Otherwise your teeth could become loose over time.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It looks like herpetic gingivostomatitis. Have your dentist or doctor prescribe you some oral acyclovir. Get a dental checkup and proper cleanings to minimize/manage possible gum disease. The only way to diagnose periodontitis is to check the xrays for bone loss/damage and to probe for attachment loss.

Vote:

Ask a Question