root canal issues

I really need advise. 6 weeks ago tooth #24 started hurtjng, my dentist started a root canal, the pain did not go away and tooth became very sensitive to hot and cold. I went back to dentist, she went back in to clean it out and put me on antibiotics. I felt better and a week and a half later I could not touch the tooth. She referred me to endodontist and he went in cleaned it out again and put in temp filing, within few days mt entire mouth was killing me went back, he cleaned it again and this time left tooth open to drain and put me on peniciiljn vk. A week later still in pain cleaned agkn and tooth left open. Here I still am 6 weeks later in pain still. I have to take advil every few hours. Is something being missed? The tooth still hurts as does all my teeth on the left side. I am worn down by constant pain. Any advise? My endo is trying to save this tooth. I am afraid at this point if they pull it I will still be In pain since all teeth are hurting. Please help!

Thank you Lina, I was seeing general dentist and was referred to Endodontist, both keep telljng me to keep coming back to clean and keep tooth open, tired of pain. Endo wants to save my tooth.

Vote:
Consult with your dentist whether it is really necessary to save that tooth.!! If that tooth is giving so much pain then you have to take some other solution for it. There is no need to save that tooth if it is giving you so much pain.

Vote:

Ask a Question