Question on 16/26 tooth issue

Hi

I am a patient with recurrent sinusitis and polyp issues above teeth 16 + 26.

Polyps have been removed four years in a row, every summer. They grew back every time. The doctor didn't search for reasons. I switched to another doctor who did make the DVT images attached.

The teeth are healthy (sensitivity test with cold medium was positive on both). The dentist diagnosed CMD / Bruxism and I am wearing a mouthguard on nighttime now. I have received Botox in the masseteric.

Do you find it possible that there is a link between CMD / Bruxism and recurring polyp issues? Is there anything wrong on the pictures attached?

Appreciate any insights you might have!

Thank you

Peter

Attachments

• 16 - 2.png
    16 - 2.png
    978.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 16.png
    16.png
    595.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 26 - 2.png
    26 - 2.png
    657.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 26.png
    26.png
    450.6 KB · Views: 7

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I don't quite understand. In image 16-2, you appear to be pointing to a radiolucency at the tip of a root (usually a sign of a "dead" tooth - abscess). Not as prominent in the other images.
  1. If you have had this removed previously, what type of person did it - dentist, ENT, endo,...?
  2. And what was the procedure called?
  3. Were tissue samples submitted for histopathology? With what results?
  4. Do you have any standard dental X-rays e.g. bitewings, periapicals?
  5. Do you have any sinus X-rays, e.g. OPG, Water's,...

Vote:
Thank you for your reply!

1. It was never removed or treated. Dentists I've been to always said this is nothing worth treating and the tooth is healthy. The only thing that was removed were polyps which formed above teeth 16/26. This was done through the nose and then from the maxilliary bone.
2. /
3. Yes the tissue samples of the polyps were infected with staphylococcus and streptococcus bacteria, but they weren't cancerous, but partly bone-hard material
4. yes but they are non-conclusive, as only the tooth was x-rayed, not the root
5. yes I have a DVT from the complete head. Any part you need to see?

I have an appointment tomorrow at a Endodontologist and he will take a closer look at the DVT. If needed, he will do another DVT. Hopefully he will not let me go and tell me that everything is all right...

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
OK, so this has nothing to do with your max sinus polyps. These are not "tooth polyps" to which you are pointing. If your teeth are vital ("alive"), then perhaps bruxism could be related...? Write back after you've seen the endodontist, pls.

Vote:
Thank you Matt for helping out. The endodontist has thoroughly examimed the teeth and they are completely healthy. He said chances are that the pain is coming from the sinus operation I had. He suggested that the issue here is having many factors and he suggested one way to try to tackle it is via osteopathy, which I will do now.

Vote:

Ask a Question