Protruding front teeth

4B569A75-A9CF-4FC8-B274-33CDC0C74AD3.jpeg
Hi
My daughter is 3 nearly 4. She was bottle fed and used her dummy until she was 2 years and 3 months.
She had been using munchkin 360 cups until recently but I’ve stopped them now. Her front teeth for the last year have always been a little bit forward but in the last 4 months they have started to flare out. I’m just wondering if there’s anything I can do to help this?
First photo taken in June, second photo today.
TIA

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I would not recommend any treatment at this stage. Luckily in her case we are still only looking at baby teeth. A lot can still change. Prolonged dummy use, could affect the growth and shape of her palate though. So try and limit this. I would recommend waiting for now and and then re-evaluating when her upper permanent incisors erupted.

Vote:
I would not recommend any treatment at this stage. Luckily in her case we are still only looking at baby teeth. A lot can still change. Prolonged dummy use, could affect the growth and shape of her palate though. So try and limit this. I would recommend waiting for now and and then re-evaluating when her upper permanent incisors erupted.
Thanks for your reply she hasn’t had a dummy for a year a half so hopefully things will sort themselves out.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
As per Dr M. Review her developing occlusion at 7-8 years old after the 1st adult molars have come in, plus the central incisors. Even if it could be said at this point she "needs" treatment, we can't do anything until the 1st adult molars come thru (about 6yo) and when you can reasonably expect children to tolerate some ortho treatment.

Vote:

Ask a Question