Swollen Gums or Periodonal Abscess In Between Bottom Teeth?

I haven't went to the dentist in years. Yes that is on me. I was planning to go to one soon in a few weeks to get cleaning done... most likely deep cleaning as I haven't had one in years. Recently, I notice that in between two of my bottom teeth, not the middle ones but a bit to the right of it... there is like this inflamed pimple that is there. When I went to brush it with my toothbrush, I then notice blood coming out of it. Now the last few weeks when I been brushing my teeth, I been very lazy not brushing all the areas of it. Also I been eating a lot of junk food and crunching food in that area of my teeth so that could be a cause? I also haven't been eating healthy as well lately.

After that, I then put in some mouthwash and rinsed and spit it out. Then the next day, did the same thing. Now the pain is not as bad as it before that. However, that thing is still there and looks inflamed and swollen? It is literally like a red inflamed spot right between two of my bottom teeth.

Does anyone know if this is for sure a periodonal abscess? I had read of swollen gums and gingivitis and at first I thought it was swollen gums but could this be a periodonal abscess? If I post a picture, could one tell what it is? The thing is I only been brushing teeth with toothbrush and using listerine mouthwash. I also boiled water with salt and rinsed a bit with that but only did it once. I read listerine and boiled water with salt is good. So if it is swollen gum or gingivitus, then it can clear up on it's own?

I had planned to go to the dentist in a few weeks or next month but when this happened recently, I thought if I go there now, they would give me some antibiotics and then I would come back in few weeks to get a cleaning done so I figure I should let this heal on it's own? Or because I'm not sure what it is... I should go to a dentist and have it looked at? I read if it is periodonal abscess, it needs to be drained? At the moment, it is still there and can feel it with my inner tongue when moving my tongue but there isn't noticeable pain... but a bit of discomfort if you touch it with the tongue.

Has anyone had this before? Thanks.

Okay so it seems like the dentist would have to do a procedure on you then if you have periodonal abscess no matter what or not?

I noticed this days ago and just recently when I went to brush my teeth with electric toothbrush and brushed that area... it started bleeding again. But this is with an electric toothbrush so it is harsher than a regular toothbrush.

But if not brushing it or anything, there is little to no pain at all. What am I suppose to do here?

Vote:
Hi would like your feedback or other people feedback on this. Went to dentist and he had me go get an x ray done. He then said we going to do deep cleaning on all 4 quadrants of the teeth. On the first visit, he did that and got rid of that periodonal abscess. He tells me it isn't in the tooth but the gum area? He said nothing else need to be done. I said I read online that if you have periodonal abscess, you either get the tooth removed or a root canal. He says it is not necessary. He says my periodonal abscess was not minor but also not serious but in the middle. He said nothing is necessary.

I then went to get the 2nd deep cleaning done in another quadrant of my teeth and he says it is fine.

Have you or anyone heard about this? He says I just have to do 2 more deep cleanings in the other 2 quadrants and that is all.

Quote lancerollins Reply

Vote:

Ask a Question