Partial dentures

Over nearly 80 years or so I have been to countless numbers of dentists both NHS and private and with one exception they have all given me very good service. However one thing has stood out like a sore thumb and that is the highly variable and generally poor quality of partial dentures, both acrylic and chrome and both NHS and private.. For reasons that are beyond me dental technicians seem to find it difficult to design and produce clasps which are sturdy and capable of lasting for any length of time. In my case, with lower front partials, the clasps usually break in less than 3 months particularly the puny looking pieces of stainless wire which is used for many clasps and the chrome partials have not lasted much longer. Is this normal?

I was encouraged to have a partial upper against my better judgment as I wanted my last 7 remaining teeth pulled. My teeth are low enamel and fracture, spent to many years battling tooth problems and wanted a full denture once and for all. My temporary partial broke tonight after 2 months right across were the clasps attach from the eye teeth. They can't get me in to repair it for six days. My swelling went down and it put stress on the front bite. I'm toothless for a while I guess and a busy day awaits me tomorrow. I feel your pain. I'm 54 and am hoping by the time I'm 80 I'll be done with the tooth dilemma.

Vote:
I guess that is the reason why they ask to go for dental implants rather than going for dentures. I had met with an accident and lost 3 front teeth and from dental implant India i got my treatment done. Surely it was painful but then with proper follow ups and medicines it gets better.

Vote:
You might try having the work done by students at a dental school. Here are several shots of the metal frame of the partial denture that they had made for me. I have had the finished denture since December and am quite satisfied with its fit and sturdiness.
15505731006_0c4a16834e_z.jpg
15342238328_72b7a17ace_z (1).jpg
15341996359_bd31f616be_z.jpg

Vote:
You might try having the work done by students at a dental school. Here are several shots of the metal frame of the partial denture that they had made for me. I have had the finished denture since December and am quite satisfied with its fit and sturdiness.View attachment 400 View attachment 401 View attachment 402
WOW. That seems a bit to much metal for me and also I'm allergic to metal. I'm content with dentures. It was just my temporary that broke. It's the metal that's keeping me from getting implants. I'm a very pain sensitive person to handle all that drilling..

Vote:
You might try having the work done by students at a dental school. Here are several shots of the metal frame of the partial denture that they had made for me. I have had the finished denture since December and am quite satisfied with its fit and sturdiness.View attachment 400 View attachment 401 View attachment 402
Do you attach post-caps on the front or is that the teeth? What about the middle molars? I will admit, can't see it breaking.

Vote:

Ask a Question