Partials

Hi, I just received my partial. I understood there could be issues, adjustments were more than likely. And, with having autoimmune diseases (One being sjogrens, thus taking saliva from my mouth, creating a terrible DRY mouth, & a breeding ground for cavities).....I am just already sick of this. This is the start of my second week. Right off, I got a huge cut, type bleeding blister, JUST from putting the partial in 4 times to make sure I could put the dental partial in and out with ease. Oh and I am faithful in my bioteen product use for adding moisture to my mouth. I use magic mouthwash prescription to aid in healing cancers etc.

So, I kept it out, allowing some healing and after a week, I tried to wear it. I had it in, 3 hours, and WOW little did I know, I had a huge blood blister/cut bleeding in the same spot, but I have bleeding behind the first tooth the partial clips on to. Still slight bleeding, and the tooth now hurts And a tooth near where the second part of the partial wraps on to? Toothache! I had a terrible, terrible canker inside my left cheek. My jaw is off some too in lining up when I bite, due to my jaw being dislocated years ago.

I wonder if this is just putting off me needing to eventually go to dentures. We have worked so hard trying to save my teeth .My bottom 3? I swear they had more fillings, would break, and then event the roots decayed. All that for nothing I guess.

I want to add, I really love my dentist. I go to my local hospital's dental clinic, as Medicare does not offer dental insurance & no way could I begin to face dental bills

All ideas, thoughts & comments welcomed. Having Lupus also can make an ordinary day discouraging.
Thanks for taking time to read.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Hopefully you can have your autoimmune condition managed as best as possible. I would try to keep your partial denture as long as possible because you lose more function with full dentures. Have your dentist adjust your partial dentures so they won't hurt. Even show up in the morning and "test drive" the adjusted partial throughout the day especially during lunch and possibly have it readjusted before closing time. Wearing the partial may feel awkward but never painful.

Vote:
Thank you very much. I see the dentist Friday, and I will have my list of questions, and I will post a follow up to this. I am disappointed, but hoping for a solution. Fingers crossed.

Vote:

Ask a Question