Pedo-Partial

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
OK, so this would be the earliest time you would expect them to even start coming through. So, I don't understand your concern at this age. Can you tell me more?

Vote:
OK, so this would be the earliest time you would expect them to even start coming through. So, I don't understand your concern at this age. Can you tell me more?

Thank you for taking the time to respond and I apologize for the lack of info. My 2 year old fell into a desk and knocked out her front right incisor. She now has a lisp and covers her mouth ALL the time. She filmed her first movie at four months and is a child model/actress. We would really like to get her the pedi partial as we think she would benefit from it. She has her first primary molars, but not her second. (She just turned 2) I was wondering if the pedo-partial can connect to the first molar or if we would have to wait till her second primary molars come in before she can get the pedo-partial ?

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I wouldn't do a pedo partial, and I think you'd find it hard to find anyone who would either. The partial would make her lisp even more, and not only interfere with speech development, but may also restrict her jaw growth. At best, you might do an Essix retainer as a simple and easily replaceable option. I'd suggest you see a paedodontist.

Vote:
That’s strange. There are quite a few that do them and in a child of her age. The dentist here who extracted her tooth said he’d be happy to do one once she cooperates a little more in his chair. She has an appointment with a pediatric dentist in Beverly Hills. Their office says they do them on children between two and six all the time. I just wasn’t sure if they connect the device to the first or second molar. Why would you think this partial wouldn’t be a good idea? I’ve read that it will help the lisp and boost her self esteem, plus help maintain the space for the permanent tooth to come in as well at help her eating.

Vote:
Also, she is too young for a retainer. She is only two. She can choke on it, lose it etc. it’s not a very good option for a two year old. With the groper, it will permanently attach to her molars and be removed when the permanently tooth come in. I read this has no affect in the jaw, hence it’s attached to the anterior part of the teeth. I just wanted to know if this device can be attached to the first molar?

Vote:

Ask a Question