Overseas and don't know what to do.

An old crown fell out in September. I went to two dentists and both agreed that I need a root canal. Consulted my US dentist by phone and sent him x-ray. He said he was not sure that a root canal was necessary but could not verify until he sees me. He's very competent and has been my dentist for many years. I am in a country where dentistry does not seem very good. US dentist suggested I wait until January when I am in US. Problem is that this week I have had some pain, yesterday about 3 or 4 on a scale of 1 to 10. I took Advil and felt better. Today again some light pain, so took Advil again. Now I can not find a dentist with appointments before about three weeks or more. And i am not sure they are skilled enough to do what appears to be a complicated root canal. Someone told me that I could debelop a serious abscess. Not sure what to do.

Follow up: US dentist has concluded that tooth must be extracted. Local dentist prescribed Augmentin and Rapidus 50. After a couple of hours there has been no relief; pain about 5 out of 10.

Vote:

Ask a Question