bump/pain even dentists don't know

Hi all,

So about a month+ ago, I started having small pain->terrible pain in the left bottom gum where my wisdom toothused to be (got my wisdoms out about 3 months ago). When it got to bigger pain, it moved on to my entire left jaw so I thought it was something in my jaw. Went to the dentist, took some antibiotics, it got better but didn't heal completely and then some white bumps and this gross colored infection circle thing started to form around my last/back tooth. Went to the dentists who gave me some type of cleaning on the gross colored thing and told me to go to the bigger hospital dentist bc they couldn't do anything more besides give me antibiotics. Taking the antibiotics, I went to a big hospital dentist and 2 of the dentists there couldn't figure out what was wrong. Told me to come back in 2 weeks if after taking more antibiotics it didn't heal so I could take a CT scan of the area (and pay a lot of money).
So NOW/CURRENT SITUATION/CURRENT SYMPTOMS- Finished antibiotics, the white bumps and redness around my back tooth are gone, but there's a new gum-colored bump forming behind that tooth/where my wisdom teeth used to be. I also feel discomfort in general, pain after I eat, and I think the discomfort/pain stretch to my left chin area (i can point to a specific area) as well as my left jaw as I keep wanting to crack my jaw....

does anyone know what these symptoms are??? cyst? infection? gingivitis? foreign body? tumor? cancer???
I'm currently using listerine twice a day and washing with salt water as much as I can but it's hard to do it so often because of work :(

thanks for any inputs!!!

you've done the right thing by going to the hospital
your age?
when the lower wisdom tooth was removed it may of damaged the nerve there.
hope you get well soon.

Vote:
You need to get a panorex x-ray and upload it to get any help. Your descriptions are not enough.

I took one general X-ray (probably the panorex X-ray according to google) and a more specific one in the area I’m hurting, but nothing showed up. That’s why they are telling me my next step is the CT scan.
My descriptions are all pretty much it! Bumps/pain sometimes is really it and the chin and jaw discomfort. Really confused and nervous...

Vote:

Ask a Question