Need advice for cavity hole, filling keeps coming out and now the nerve hurts, need experienced dentist

I have a cavity that that was filled, but the filling fell out form oil pulling. It was filled 3 times previously. Now the nerve hurts if I chew on it or have cold on it. Also the dentist anesthetic doesn't work on me, I can still feel it. I am also pregnant. Is there some solution for this situation that doesn't require drilling or numbing? Like a cap or crown of gold? Looking for a very experienced dentist in Georgia.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If the nerve is indeed exposed or irreversibly inflamed, it might actually be an indication for a root canal treatment on the tooth. If you are pregnant, I would suggest seeing a dentist as soon as possible. The safest time for extensive dental treatment is during the 2nd trimester. It might be necessary to at least remove the nerve in the mean time, to prevent pain and infection and then complete the treatment after the baby is born.

Vote:

Ask a Question