Advice Needed please

Hi my partner decided to have full set of implants consisting of bar on bottom for lower set and implants for top after having bone graft and sinus lift...due to the pain having lower one's she cannot revisit to have the upper done so is deciding to have false top set...she has already had bone graft and sinus lift and has been advised that the bone graft will deterate if she does not follow through with the implants...is this true she can't go through the pain again

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Pressure from the lower denture on the top denture, during function, over time, will cause bone resorption of the graft to take place, just like it would normally take place. Implants act like artificial teeth, keeping bone in the associated region. Unfortunately you were give the correct information.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I assume you mean the bar on the lower jaw is connected to implants, and the denture clips over that?

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Thanks. Then the bone graft will gradually deteriorate, but this will be very gradual because all the surrounding bone will deteriorate at the same time - the forces are spread evenly; I wouldn't be concerned. At least your wife has done the more important lower implants first, and an upper denture against an implant-supported lower denture is much better than vice versa. So, I'm sorry she's had so much pain, but I hope she'll be much happier than before.

Vote:
Thanks. Then the bone graft will gradually deteriorate, but this will be very gradual because all the surrounding bone will deteriorate at the same time - the forces are spread evenly; I wouldn't be concerned. At least your wife has done the more important lower implants first, and an upper denture against an implant-supported lower denture is much better than vice versa. So, I'm sorry she's had so much pain, but I hope she'll be much happier than before.
Thanks ever so much for the reassuring advice

Vote:
It will be best if you consult with your dentist. As the decision to have dental implants or a removable denture is a personal one that depends on many factors, including your health, lifestyle, and preferences. If your partner is experiencing pain after having the lower implants, it's important to talk to her dentist to determine the cause and discuss options for managing the discomfort.

Vote:
It will be best if you consult with your dentist. As the decision to have dental implants or a removable denture is a personal one that depends on many factors, including your health, lifestyle, and preferences. If your partner is experiencing pain after having the lower implants, it's important to talk to her dentist to determine the cause and discuss options for managing the discomfort.
Hi thanks for the message she is not in pain now but the process of having the lower jaw done has put her off having the upper done we are of course consultanting with the dentist but it is good to have a second opinion hence why im here ....thanks

Vote:

Ask a Question