My teeth started braking down (I am 19 years old)

Hello everyone,

A little backstory, I am not into this medical terminology so im gonna try to make sense out of it as much as possible.

Since I was born I had issues regarding my oral health, it was something that I got genetically from my Father, I would keep hygine do all the routine stuff however cavity and gum problems were a constant problem.When I was 12 (7 years ago) my teeth started to corrode and started to crumble down.I went to a dentist and he sealed them with a filling, it was all good until a couple of years later when I started smoking and my oral health went into nowhere but down, I quit smoking just to figure out that half of my teeth started to brake down again, getting the same problem as I did but now its even worse. This month alone every morning im finding out that Im missing teeth from my mouth, this morning I woke up with an entirely broken number 1 tooth.From what I read online, it is possibly an Advanced Paradentosis. Tommorow im off to a dentist to see what am I gonna do next.

My question is, how can I prevent something like this from happening in the future and is this gum disease curable?

Thank you all in advance
-Christian

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Your best solution is to give the dentist a full history of your teeth, and an honest talk about your diet, hygiene, and general health (e.g. smoking, medical conditions, drug use) .

Vote:

Ask a Question