What are these on my teeth?

Hi! I am a 21 year old male who has had braces in the past. My two front teeth are lower than my other teeth and they also have these groves in them (they kind of look like mamalons) I was wondering what these were and if it is possible to get rid of them (likely from grinding them down)

Attachments

• 40A12DC4-C412-4344-A959-27CC7B2C28B7.png
    40A12DC4-C412-4344-A959-27CC7B2C28B7.png
    774.1 KB · Views: 217
Solutions
Hi! I am a 21 year old male who has had braces in the past. My two front teeth are lower than my other teeth and they also have these groves in them (they kind of look like mamalons) I was wondering what these were and if it is possible to get rid of them (likely from grinding them down)
Hi i'm no professional but I have had a very similar thing with my own front (top and bottom teeth). I believe they are related to adult teeth having to push through the gum when growing and so have to be slightly serrated if you will (the tooth has then grown around the edges?). The severity of mine has decreased significantly over time so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. If it is still an issue for you then I assume a veneer or crown would do the job?

Vote:

Ask a Question