Molar Extraction healing?

Solutions
Hi,

So basically i had my molar removed on the 4th of August 2020, it is now only the 7th of August and i just wondered is anyone can tell me if it is healing as it should be? Started as a white covering that has slowly turned to greenish colour and has now gone a dark colour. Its smooth and a jelly like substance but i really don't want to risk infection.
I know mild pain is expected but i have mainly had pain when moving my mouth too quick or when i open it over half way. Also noticed it can be hard to swallow and an excess of saliva but apparently that is to be expected.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• tooth 1.jpg
    tooth 1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 147
  • tooth 2.jpg
    tooth 2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 131
  • tooth 3.jpg
    tooth 3.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 125
  • tooth 4.jpg
    tooth 4.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 149

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Fortunately your extraction site looks good. I'm not seeing much swelling. The color changes are normal. It represents the formation of epithelial repair tissue and will soon close up. Lower 2nd molars can be difficult to remove due to the thick, dense jaw bone locking in the varying root anatomies (multiple divergent and curved roots). The mouth has good healing potential so it is fairly rare to experience complications unless you smoke and or have medical conditions like diabetes.

Vote:
Solutions
Fortunately your extraction site looks good. I'm not seeing much swelling. The color changes are normal. It represents the formation of epithelial repair tissue and will soon close up. Lower 2nd molars can be difficult to remove due to the thick, dense jaw bone locking in the varying root anatomies (multiple divergent and curved roots). The mouth has good healing potential so it is fairly rare to experience complications unless you smoke and or have medical conditions like diabetes.
That is really helpful, thank you!

Vote:

Ask a Question