Is my molar extraction site infected?

I had my infected molar extracted 3 days ago and have a wisdom tooth coming through behind it. The dentist said that he got out all of the infection with the tooth and did not need to stitch it up or give me any antibiotics! Now the extraction site looks rather green. It doesn’t throb too bad and it tolerable with pain meds. It doesn’t seem to have a foul taste or smell. So I’m just wondering, does this look normal? Or does it look like a sign of infection? Thanks!

Attachments

• E9E43951-F8CE-40B8-BF8E-070E3F5E174A.jpeg
    E9E43951-F8CE-40B8-BF8E-070E3F5E174A.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 170

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The extraction site looks normal. You can't judge color, there are epithelial repair tissue forming in varying colors. You don't need antibiotics unless you have swelling and or fever above 102 F or 38.8 C. Taking unneeded antibiotics increases risks of resistance. Your mouth heals very efficiently and as long as your pain is not excessive and have no swelling, you should be fine.

Vote:

Ask a Question