Missing Tooth Jaw Affects

Hi,

I got punched about ten years ago and the tooth from that area was a bit loose for years and came out last week. When I went to get it checked they said I had periodontitis, some recorded gums and some bone loss.

I'm due a two part scaling and polish and a potential deep clean, a denture has been put in with the logic being I should fix my gum issues and let some bone regrow prior to an implant. Thus, an implant could be months away. I'm 34 so this is alarming and I'm keen to fix all my dental health ASAP, dentist said if I managed it now I won't lose other teeth etc which slightly calmed me.

All the same, I'm reading that having missing teeth can affect your jaw strength and how you look. Let's say for whatever reason I can't get an implant for 4 months, does one missing tooth (the one next to the two middle ones, front) for that amount of time really pose a threat to my jawline and jaw etc/how I look? Be depressing if so but I'd rather know!

Ask a Question