Is this normal pain? Please help

Hello, I recently took out my bottom left wisdom tooth and the tooth right next to it. I got disolvable stitches, today is the 5th day since tje oral surgery. I have been taking Paracetamol 2x 500mg and Ibuprofen 400mg.
Yet, I am still having pain is this normal? There is no puss coming out of my gums, it looks a bit swollen but it is not red.
When the doctor took out the molar, he did indicate there was an infection, which he then cleaned and sewed it up.

Is the pain normal? I have attached a picture as well. Should I seek medical attention?
Please let me know.

Attachments

• 20181002_125909.jpg
    20181002_125909.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 308

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The extraction site looks good as long as you are not experiencing swelling. Lower teeth can be more traumatic to remove and can require more recovery efforts. If you do have swelling, seek followup.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You can use acetaminophen (paracetamol) 500 mg with 600 mg ibuprofen. Don't use too much acetaminophen due to liver toxicity, and take after meals with ibuprofen's toxicity to stomach and GI tract. If the pain keeps you up at night, you may need your dentist to prescribe you narcotics like hydrocodone 5 mg (usually comes with 325 mg acetaminophen) or even oxycodone 5 mg.

Vote:

Ask a Question