is it too late to reverse this decay?

My dentist has been aware of it since 2016. Just recently he says now is the time to get a filling. Is it too late to try reverse it based on the pictures? I'm not sure how worse it has gotten since 2016 or how long it has been like this before 2016 (hadn't visited a dentist for a good number of years). It doesn't look that bad to me and would like to avoid a filling if possible.

Many thanks

IMG-20180510-WA0004.jpg IMG-20180510-WA0021.jpg IMG-20180510-WA0013.jpg

Edit: Sorry mods I just realized I posted in the wrong forum!

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The first molar might have decay, but there's nothing quite like a direct look from above (if you can get your phone in there!). An X-ray might confirm/deny it, but is not always 100% sure if it's only a small hole. If it's a hole, then you have to get a filling or it will worsen.

Vote:
Hello MattKW,

Thanks for the reply. Apologies, I should have been clearer in my post. It is the second molar on my right side I am concerned about. The biting surface has gone slightly grey.

There does appear to be a couple of holes on the first molar I had not noticed before. I will get it checked out.

Vote:

Ask a Question