Will my teeth last forever? Is it too late?

Solutions
Hello,

I am a 17 year old male that has only started to take my oral health seriously in the last two years when I got braces.

When I was younger, I use to only brush my teeth once every few days whilst having like 5 bottles of coke a day. Now, after having a root canal, I have become very worried about my teeth's current state. Is it too late for some of my teeth to last forever now? Are they already destroyed?

I have had MANY fillings now, I'd have to say around 10 just from guessing.

In the last year, I have begun to brush my teeth twice a day using an electric tooth brush, and have begun flossing as I never use to. My dentist has started prescribing me 5000ppm tooth paste, and instead of drinking coke I have began to only drink 0 sugar flavoured water.

I have also attached a file with many questions about different areas of my teeth. I'd really appreciate for them to be answered as well as the above.

I have currently been referred to a dental hospital as my root canal is still painful months after the treatment. It's whenever I tap on the front of my tooth, or apply pressure to the very top of my gum just underneath my nose. On the diagram, my root canal is the orange circle, the smaller tooth that has a filling nearly covering half of it.

When brushing my gums have also began to be really painful and started bleeding in some areas.

upload.png

teeth1.png
teeth2.png
teeth3.png

Solutions
It's good that you have started taking care of your teeth and changed your diet. Do you have any x rays so the dentists can have a look?

Vote:
Solutions
I personally don't have any x-rays phitos, but my teeth have been x-rayed by my dentist and they said that my roots are really sort in some of my teeth.

Vote:

Ask a Question