Invisalign re-treatment for midline discrepancy/misalignment without TADs?

Hi everyone,

I had braces roughly 10 years ago. The result is overall great: bite is normal (no overbite or overjet), no spaces between teeth, smile looks great. Only issue is that while my upper and lower arches are aligned with each other, they are not aligned with my the midlines of my lips - i.e. both arches are skewed a couple mm to the side.

I was offered an Invisalign plan; however, the orthodontist is not looking to use TADs for the retreatment. When I spoke to my previous orthodontist (the one from 10 years ago), he told me that the Invisalign plan looks good, but that without TADs it'd be very difficult to correct the midline discrepancy. In other words, some sort of anchorage is necessary in order to pull the arches and correct the 'skewness' / asymmetry / discrepancy (sorry, I'm not an expert when it comes to using the right medical terms).

I am not sure why the current orthodontist doesn't include TADs in the plan. I understand that he doesn't want to worsen my already-pretty-good-and-satisfactory condition, but can this plan work without TADs?

*I've gone to a couple of consultations.

I would appreciate your insights and expertise as I need to make a decision and want to make the best decision for me.
Thank you very much!

Hi,

In order to correct the midline issue (following the braces treatment) with the invisalign might brutal. The reason is to move whole jaw to correct it. Think about it, they will not extract any of the teeth and the only thing that they can do is to move the whole teeth and if they provide a gurantee that they will fix %100 go for it but the time scale will be very long.

Please keep me updated.

Vote:
Thank you for your response. They are not going to extract any teeth but rather to create more spacing by IPR on a number of teeth (in the back of the jaw) thus achieving more space. My question was whether they can fix the midline without using TADs ? There is not anchoring.

Thanks,

Zack

Vote:

Ask a Question