root canal retreatment agin or implants or invisalign?

Hello,
I went to the dentist back in 2007 for a refill on a cavity (Tooth number 30). She advised that I needed a root canal and referred me to an endodontist. The procedure seemed to go smoothly however, one of the staff at the endodontist mentioned there wasn't any decay but the nerve was damaged probably by an instrument at the general dentist. The root canal results were great until 2009 when I noticed an odor when I flossed. The dentist said I needed a retreat. I was advised at the retreat that an instrument was left in the canal however, during the retreat, the endodontist was unable to remove the instrument. Everything seemed fine again for awhile but now I feel a pressure and noticed my gums in that area are swollen. I went to a periodontist who advised I had some bone loss and set up an appointment for treatment of furcation of the gums. It is scheduled a week from now and he advised he will close up some of the gap of the gums. I was wondering if this procedure is necessary since it's around $800 and this tooth has already cost me $1700. I was thinking about getting invisalign anyways and was wondering if I got this tooth pulled could the invisalign help enough to cover the remaining space with my other teeth? Do you have any suggestions on the best way to treat this? Or should I go back to the endodontist and see what he recommends it just takes long to get an appointment with the endodontist and periodontist? I don't want to loose a tooth and have a gap. Thanks so much!

Root canal retreatment or implants or invisaligns

If there is bone loss present, then you have to get perio surgery done. It is always better to save a tooth than getting a tooth pulled out.If you don't want to save the tooth, then you can get that pulled out. Invisaligns won't be able to adjust the space after tooth extraction. You can get dental implants after tooth extraction. Implants are the best option for replacement of missing teeth.

Vote:

Ask a Question