Implant or braces with bone anchor?

Hello, I’m 34 and I have to extract molar 36. To fill the hole I can get an implant or braces with an anchor (this isn’t sure yet because the orthodontist has to take x rax photos and do some research first ). In general, which option is better? I don’t think like the thought of having an implant in my jaw but braces will take two years and I would still have to get surgery in my jaw to place the anchor and clean the braces etc and going to the orthodontists for various visits seems more work and money? Also, if I get an implant for molar 36 and want to fill a gap between my front teeth similar to this one https://www.advanceddentistry.co.uk/gap-in-teeth/ can this be done after getting the implant?

But if braces with anchor is an option I won’t need to get an implant and need to pay extra attention to the implanted teeth in the future. Any advice here would be appreciated!

Vote:

Ask a Question