Not getting an implant after missing a tooth?

I always read that after loosing a tooth it’s better to get an implant. A lot of people at my work are missing a tooth or even more but they don’t get an implant or don’t even want to spend money on them. I’m not seeing any difference on how their jaw looks like (that they shrunk etc) and they can just eat without any trouble (at least from those I have asked) which confuses me because I read online that if you don’t get an implant you will loose bone etc and it’s not good for you. Or maybe it’s not THAT bad but having dental implant is just better?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
A dental implant definitely helps to retain bone in the area. Although function can remain unaffected, because we are very adaptable, you would definitely see some bone loss in the mouths of your colleagues, if you follow-up with x-rays.

Vote:
Considering the consequences of not getting an implant after missing a tooth is important. While it may seem minor, not replacing a missing tooth can lead to various dental problems. The adjacent and opposing teeth can shift, causing bite misalignment and jaw pain. It can also lead to bone loss in the jaw and affect the overall facial structure. FloMo Dental offers a range of solutions for missing teeth, including dental crowns, dentures, and dental implants. These options can help prevent the potential complications of not replacing a missing tooth. We recommend consulting a dental professional to discuss the best treatment plan for your needs.

Vote:
There's a difference between "better" and "necessary" when it comes to dental implants. While both sides have valid points, the decision ultimately depends on individual circumstances and priorities. Benefits of Dental Implants include preserving jaw bones, preventing shifting teeth, improving aesthetics and functions, and durability.

The only consideration is implants are typically the most expensive tooth replacement option, with several procedures and materials involved. Dental bridges and dentures can be less expensive alternatives to implants.

Vote:

Ask a Question