Help with Gum Desease

I have gum disease, and want to get the best possible gum health. When I ask my hygienist about a treatment plan, I am told she will do her best to prevent bone loss, and that she is doing this. I get a cleaning with lazer in the deep pockets (typically now 4 or 5) every three months. I floss daily, use a waterpic and electric tooth brush every day, and use therasol and Closys. I am told my pockets are all 3 or less except for the back molars in each quadrant, where I have the 4s and 5s. However, I believe my gums are still receding as I can now see the bottom of caps that were not visible 6 months ago, and there are 3 places where a strip of gum is gone over my front incisors.

Here are my questions:

1, Is Therasol effective in controlling gum disease. I use a dilute solution in my water pic with an orthodontic tip to brush the gum margin hoping some of the therasol gets into the pockets. I hold the standard solution in my mouth for at least 3 minutes every evening.

2. Are all lasers LANAP lasers? In SACRAMENTO, a few periodontist advertise the use of a LANAP laser. My dentist does not and my treatment is done by a hygienist not a dentist. Is there an advantage to the LANAP laser?

Dear Sir

1.Based on the information that you have provided, we can conclude that you are suffering from localised periodontitis. To further confirm it we may need a full mouth radiograph to confirm your periodontal health. Any mouth wash just helps in keeping your mouth fresh and few may help in acting against the bacterial activity. So using a mouth wash is always advisable but a break in using the mouth wash every 3 months should be given so that it is still effective.
2.Now a days almost all lasers are LANAP. It is any day advisable for you to meet a dentist and not a hygienist as dentist would be able to provide perfect diagnosis and treatment plan for your oral health condition. We suggest you to take a Periodontist appointment at the earliest and get an advanced gum treatment done using lasers which would help you to recover. Also we would suggest you to use a soft bristles tooth brush and brush gently and a mouth wash preferably after meals.

We wish you good health.
Regards
Partha Dental.

Vote:

Ask a Question