HELP: Possible Jaw Bone Protruding from Gum - what could it be?

First things first: I drink a can of beer a day for nightcap and quit smoking since 4 years ago. I'm a man in his mid 20s.

Following: at the back of my right upper jaw, I feel a small split of my gum with sth bone-like protruding. My wisdom teeth are not removed so I first assumed it to be one of them, but I touched around and figured that it might actually be my JAW BONE (because my wisdom teeth are way too deep for that location). I’ve read that it sometimes happens after a dental procedure, but the thing is, I haven’t had a proper one for a good 3 months. Even then, it was just implant done on the front teeth half a year ago and a professional cleaning 3 months ago.

What is it that I’m experiencing? Is this serious? I’m obviously gonna visit a dentist soon enough, but it’s the weekend+getting an appointment is a bit hard so I’m asking this during the meantime.

Wish I could attach a picture, but it's way too deep for me to take one, so apologies if my description is too vague.

I thank you beforehand! I feel a bit paranoid as I'm blind to my condition :((

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day
Unfortunately the information is a bit vague. It is best to wait for the dentist to make a clinical evaluation.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Most likely to be wisdom tooth finally making an appearance. If so, get full-head OPG X-ray before the appointment and take along to show dentist. If confirmed, then seriously consider extracting it. I have little love for wisdom teeth - they cause many problems.

Vote:

Ask a Question