Possible damage after drug abuse. Help!

Discussion in 'Periodontics' started by Nhzinni11, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Nhzinni11

Nhzinni11

My roommate for the past two weeks has been locking himself in his room abusing crack cocaine. He generally smokes it all day. I don't know how much he uses as he does not tell me but I can only imagine it's a lot. He doesn't eat a lot, but he drinks a fair amount of water to combat his dry mouth. I know he brushes and flosses at least once a day.
    He showed me his mouth the other day, and it scared the living hell out of me. There were these weird geek colored sores on the roof of his mouth. The ball shaped thingy that hangs from the back of his throat was very red with white spots. His tounge has this weird green looking fungus layer to it on 2/3 of the surface. Above his back lower molars on the right side there is a red and white spot. And finally, next to the ball shaped thingy and all around is throats are big red spots that look like burns.
    He doesn't complain of any symptoms. Should I be worried for him? Should I get him to see a doctor? Thanks.

Nhzinni11, Apr 16, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Nhzinni11

CringingFidgeter

Is he just a room mate or a friend? Personally I'd move out if my room mate was abusing illegal drugs...especially crack since it makes people terribly unstable and irrational sometimes (or all of the time...).

His dental health isn't your concern, to be perfectly honest with you. But I like to be very cut and dry with my legalities. I've been screwed over by poor room mates before.

I'd honestly suggest moving, or finding a new room mate but that's just me. Worry about your own mouth; not other people's. Reserve your empathy, sympathy and energy for people that deserve it like friends and family. =)

That's one opinion, anyway! Good luck!

CringingFidgeter, Apr 17, 2017
    1. Advertisements